Friday, August 21, 2009

Tomato Trees

Oh the sad state of my tomato plants. The two cherry tomatoes bit the dust a couple weeks ago but my large tomato bush was holding on by a thin thread. I had to cut away the majority of the diseased and dying branches leaving just a sad looking tree where a nice full bushy plant should have been. Despite the miserable failure of growing tomato plants on the deck this year, my lone standing plant did bear a bit of fruit. Behold, my entire tomato harvest: Tomatoes These three tomatoes were the juiciest, sweetest, most delicious of their kind I've ever had. It was worth killing 3 plants to get these. Next year I'm hoping for a better survival rate. I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm excited to hear what you have to say. Just remember the rules of the playground and play nice!