Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm "It"!

Carrie from Ruffled Feathers has tagged me, which means it's my turn to show you six things that make me smile. Here are the official rules: Link back to the person who tagged you. List six little things that make you happy. Tag six bloggers and let them know they’re “it”. It would be easy to cheat and list 6 very obvious things that make me smile (my husband, the peanut, etc.) but I'm choosing to believe that the point of this "exercise" is to find 6 small things that bring me happiness to give you a tiny peek into the more frivolous corners of my mind. 1. Nailpolish color names: nailipolish I'm a sucker for the OPI color names in particular. In my next life I'd love to come back as an official namer of cosmetics in general. I still remember wearing "Rockapulco Red" on a trip to Vegas. 2. Audrey Hepburn in general, "Roman Holiday" in specific: Roman Holiday This is by far her best movie, in my opinion. I've never wanted to be a princess on the run more in my life. 3. Pink things that probably shouldn't be pink: pink In my little pile you see my wallet, a photo brag book, my GPS, my iPod, and a water bottle. I swear pink is not my favorite color but you'd never guess by this sample of my belongings. It's the GPS and iPod that really make me smile. There's just something so sweetly fantastic about a techie gadget in baby pink. I've always had this obsession, just ask my dad. I insisted he bring home a pink radio when I was about 12. It was my first tape deck and I had to have the pink one despite there being much more "advanced" models available for the same price. But they weren't pink. Enough said. 4. Traveling in general, Italy in specific: Tuscany Italy is the one place I could return to endlessly and be perfectly happy. Just digging through my albums to find this from our trip to Florence made me get that travel bug all over again. 5. Shabby chic mixed china: china Someday I will have enough time on my hands to endlessly scour flea markets for mix and match "shabby" china. I love the thought of filling my dishwasher with mismatched but coordinated items in one specific color palette. 6. Zina's Happy List: No image can do this one justice. Whenever we're having a really bad or stressful day, we drop everything for two minutes to draft a "Happy List" email to one another. The point is to be short and sweet and force yourself to think of something better than what you're going through. It's brought me hope on some very dark days. A tradition you definitely might want to consider with a good pal of your own.

4 comments:

  1. This is a great list! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you have a "Shabby Chic" China obession. Me too. I LOVE the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I be the one to gather the Shabby Chic China for both of you - I love the idea and the act in someone else's home!

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited to hear what you have to say. Just remember the rules of the playground and play nice!