Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back to the drawing board

I'm starting on a new project this afternoon using leftover fabric from a recent project but a totally different pattern. I have no idea how it is going to turn out but I'm loving chopping up my material into little pieces knowing that it will all come together again in a totally different form. The organizational freak in me is rejoicing at the neat little stack of squares growing on my cutting board. 
DSC09224
I also made the executive decision that since I'm spending so much time sewing these days, my desk should be filled with inspirational and beautiful things. It's a little tempting to go crazy with plastic storage from The Container Store (did I mention the organizational freak in me?) but I'm going to resist and take my time finding vessels for my tools that are a little more engaging. With my chance at some precious free time out and about yesterday afternoon, I found this pretty little leaf bowl that's just the right size for my safety pins. Beats the previous Ziploc baggie by a long shot.
DSC09225

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm excited to hear what you have to say. Just remember the rules of the playground and play nice!