Friday, June 12, 2009

My new reading blankie

I finished my first applique' quilt late last night. I experimented with my first attempt at a soft-edge technique that is supposed to fray and get softer with use and washings. True enough to it's description, I've been plucking threads for the last 24 hours but it is shaping up to be one of my favorite blankets. It is so cuddly! I tried out several new skills on this blanket so I knew from the get-go it was something I'd be keeping for myself to hide away my mistakes. Oddly enough there weren't many mishaps, I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Maybe it's when you assume you're going to screw up that the sewing gods smile down on you. 
DSC09213
A close up of the softly fraying edges of the applique' strips:
Reading blankie upclose

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I'm brand new to quilting and this is something I would like to try!!! Did you use a pattern or anything for it? Thanks for any info!

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited to hear what you have to say. Just remember the rules of the playground and play nice!