Thursday, June 4, 2009

Speed bumps

This quilt is going to be the end of me. I've been on the quilting phase of this baby gift for well over a week--a stage that shouldn't take more than an afternoon or two--and have ripped out dozens upon dozens of stitches. Something's going on with my machine, perhaps I've angered the sewing gods, or maybe it's just that I'm too distracted by the sunshine we're finally getting to properly concentrate. In any case, I can't wait to get over this step and finish the darn thing! The good news is that despite all the speed bumps it is turning out even better than I expected and I can't wait to share pictures of the final product. But since I'm heading outside with the peanut for the rest of the afternoon, guess we'll all just have to be patient just a little bit longer.
DSC09115

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to see the final photo. Love the composition of this shot.

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited to hear what you have to say. Just remember the rules of the playground and play nice!